Today we have two guests with us today to discuss real estate taxes. Stessa is our sponsor and also our guest today, along with Thomas Castelli, an investor, CPA, and tax strategist. So hit play to hear the easiest way to handle your taxes and hear about the new laws. If you enjoyed today’s episode remember to subscribe in iTunes and leave us a review!
- Since the introduction of the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act in 2017 many real estate investors have wondered how these new rules and incentives will affect their taxes this year. Things were so confusing in fact that the IRS recently released clarification on the 20% pass-through deduction, and specifically singled-out real estate investments as needing more clarity.
- Devin Redmond, Head of Customer Success at Stessa and Thomas Castelli, CPA & Tax Strategist at the Real Estate CPA teamed up to help provide clarification on taxes for real estate investors by creating a series of resources that investors can reference.
Best Ever Tweet:
“You really want to be taking a proactive approach throughout the year”
Devin Redmond & Thomas Castelli Real Estate Backgrounds:
- Head of customer success with Stessa
- Former commercial real estate pro and investor
- Say hi to him at https://www.stessa.com/
- Based in San Francisco, CA
- CPA & Tax Strategist at The Real Estate CPA
- Real estate investor, invested passively before being active in an 82 unit apartment community
- Say hi to him at www.therealestatecpa.com
- Based in NYC
Sponsored by Stessa - Maximize tax deductions on your rental properties. Get your free tax guide from Stessa, the essential tool for rental property owners.
Direct download: JF_1663_Devin_Redmond__Thomas_Castelli.mp3
-- posted at: 12:44pm EDT