The IRS is merciless, and if you don't understand how real estate investments and the tax laws work together, you could be at a loss. Focus on understanding self-directed IRA's and the entities you use in the purchase and sale, and don't just rely on a cheap custodian to help you. This is a great episode!
Best Ever Tweet:
Don't pay taxes.
John Hyre Real Estate Background:
- Tax attorney, accountant and real estate investor
- 19 years of experience as a tax attorney/accountant and 14 years of experience as a real estate investor
- Investor in low income rentals and small mobile home parks
- 95% of his clients are real estate investors
- Prior to owning his company, he worked for two of the Big Five accounting firms and for several Fortune 500 companies
- Based in Columbus, Ohio
- Say hi to him at www.realestatetaxlaw.com
- Best Ever Book: Grit by Angela Duckwork
Made Possible Because of Our Best Ever Sponsors:
Want an inbox full of online leads? Get a FREE strategy session with Dan Barrett who is the only certified Google partner that exclusively works with real estate investors like us.
Go to adwordsnerds.com/joe to schedule the appointment.
Subscribe in iTunes and Stitcher so you don’t miss an episode!
Direct download: JF2094720John20Hyre.mp3
-- posted at: 11:29am EST