U.S. Navy Veteran Melanie McDaniel had been working as a park ranger for nine years when she decided to leave her federal career behind and become a full-time real estate entrepreneur. Today, she is the founder, partner, and fund manager at Freestyle Capital Group and Freestyle Fund. In this episode, Melanie shares how she became a co-GP and capital partner, her thoughts on investing in real estate during a high inflation period, and why conducting due diligence on deal fees is more important than ever right now.
Melanie McDaniel | Real Estate Background
- Founder and partner/fund manager at Freestyle Capital Group and Freestyle Fund. Freestyle Capital Group is a boutique private equity firm that focuses on a variety of asset classes, and Freestyle Fund is a customizable Fund.
- GP of:
- 206 units across AZ, TX, and VA
- Owns 24 units in Norfolk, VA
- Triple net in Longview, TX
- Three luxury residential assisted living houses
- LP of:
- 276 units in Huntsville, AL
- Based in: Austin, TX
- Say hi to her at:
- Greatest lesson: Everyone who has made money from real estate has been a genius in the last 10 years. The coming times are going to separate the true professionals from the operators who have gotten lucky with the market cycle. Do your due diligence. I have looked at enough underwriting in the last two years to know that a large majority are underwriting aggressively based on the market cycle we just went through. It is time to play defense and look for lower-risk opportunities with strong teams with a track record.
Click here to know more about our sponsors: Cash Flow Portal | Cornell Capital Holdings | PassiveInvesting.com