Alex Rogers graduated from the University of Minnesota with degrees in finance and economics in 2009 after watching the Great Recession unfold in real time. However, that didn’t deter him from teaming up with a friend to launch his real estate investing career. Today, Alex serves as principal at Gray Duck Companies, a fully integrated real estate firm specializing in multifamily real estate. In this episode, he shares why he decided to take on third-party property management, how he selects clients, and his advice for scaling to the point of hiring full-time staff.
Alex Rogers | Real Estate Background
- Principal at Gray Duck Companies, a fully integrated real estate firm specializing in multifamily real estate.
- GP of:
- 200 units through syndication
- 100 units and approximately 50,000 sq. ft. of commercial acquired outside of raising capital with his business partner and additional JV partners.
- LP of one fund, one multifamily syndication, and one storage syndication.
- Based in: Duluth, Minnesota
- Say hi to him at:
- Best Ever Book: Who Not How, Dan Sullivan
- Greatest lesson: One of the greatest lessons I've learned was the strength of your immediate network and those you spend time with. A common saying is that "you are the average of the five people you surround yourself with.” I take this to heart and try to surround myself with people that are smarter than I am. If you're the smartest person in a room, you're in the wrong room.
Stay in touch with us!
Click here to know more about our sponsors: Cash Flow Portal | Cornell Capital Holdings | PassiveInvesting.com