Former college basketball coach Greg Lyons and his brother, Tim, are both licensed capital raisers who got into multifamily syndications at the onset of the pandemic. Today, Greg is principal and managing partner at Cityside Capital, where he raises money for established multifamily and self-storage operators across the U.S.
In this episode, Greg shares why he decided to become licensed, the fluctuations in capital he’s seeing as a result of the changing economy, and how he thinks multifamily can weather an impending economic storm.
Greg Lyons | Real Estate Background
- Principal and managing partner at Cityside Capital LLC. As a licensed capital raiser with a Series 82 and 63 license, Cityside Capital raises money for established multifamily and self-storage operators throughout the United States.
- GP of 16 multifamily properties totaling 5,836 units
- LP of 2,063 units over 10 properties, plus an office building and a retail center
- Based in: Charlottesville, VA
- Say hi to him at:
- Best Ever Book: The Wealthy Gardener by John S. Soforic
- Greatest lesson: Take action! I was a partner of a 77-unit condo development in Boise, ID, right before the Great Recession that didn't work out. It took a while to find my way back into the real estate world, but I'm thrilled with the progress I've made over the last couple of years.
Stay in touch with us!
Click here to know more about our sponsors: Trevor McGregor Coaching |
Cash Flow Portal | Cornell Capital Holdings | PassiveInvesting.com