This episode is brought to you by Presario Ventures, a private equity real estate firm based in the booming Austin, Texas, market. To learn how to invest in the future of Texas with Presario Ventures, visit info.presarioventures.com/bestever.
Mark Hutton unpacks the intricacies of investing in the niche of Residential Assisted Living (RAL) within the commercial real estate sector. Mark sheds light on why RAL is becoming an appealing asset for investors, the synergies of combining the real estate with the operating business, and the pivotal role of SBA-backed loans in this space.
- RAL's Appeal: With traditional long-term hold properties offering lower cash flow due to prevailing interest rates, RAL presents a lucrative opportunity for investors seeking higher returns.
- SBA-Backed Loans in RAL: These loans provide certain advantages such as long-term fixed rates and high LTVs, making them a preferred choice in the RAL space. However, they also come with specific controls like pre-defined lease terms.
- Learning from the Best: Mark emphasizes the importance of seeking mentorship and learning from those already successful in the RAL space, ensuring faster progress and fewer pitfalls.
Mark Hutton | Real Estate Background
- Founder of Mimi’s House Assisted Living and Memory Care
- SFRs, commercial apartments, retail mall, resorts, and RAL homes
- Based in: Cincinnati, OH
- Say hi to him at:
- Best Ever Book: The Debt Millionaire by George Antone
- Greatest Lesson: Building a senior-centered service business is 10x more rewarding than owning rental real estate.
Click here to learn more about our sponsors: