In this episode, we sit down with Shelley Peterson, a seasoned real estate investor and co-founder of Kahuna Investments, to discuss her journey in the world of commercial real estate investing. Shelley shares valuable insights into the challenges and opportunities she has encountered, emphasizing the importance of mentorship and taking action. We also delve into her unique approach to syndication and her commitment to giving back to the community.
- Jump In and Take Action: Shelley's advice for aspiring real estate investors is simple yet powerful – don't overanalyze, take action. She encourages investors to dive into their first deal, whether through partnerships or joint ventures, and gain hands-on experience. Learning by doing is the fastest way to understand the intricacies of the real estate market.
- Importance of Effective Team Building: Shelley highlights the significance of building an effective team within your real estate investment endeavors. She discusses the book "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team" by Patrick Lencioni, which emphasizes trust, vulnerability, and teamwork as essential elements for success in real estate investing. Surrounding yourself with the right people is key.
- Community Involvement: Beyond financial success, Shelley and her team are passionate about giving back to the community. They actively engage in charitable activities and emphasize the importance of contributing resources and time to support local causes. As a real estate investor, making a positive impact in the community goes hand in hand with financial success.
Shelley Peterson | Real Estate Background
- President of Kahuna Investments
- 3,000 units valued at over $250 million
- Based in: Chandler, AZ
- Say hi to him at:
- Best Ever Book: 12 Rules of Life by Jordan Peterson
- Greatest Lesson: Finding the faith and courage to undergo a personal reinvention.