From the challenges of project budgeting and dealing with the unexpected twists of 2021, to the importance of conservative underwriting and the role of refinance, Sean Tagge offers a goldmine of insights into multifamily investing. Slocomb Reed facilitates a compelling discussion that also explores the mental and leadership aspects crucial for any investor's success.
- Budgeting Realities: Recognize that going over budget can sometimes be part of the game. Use data and experience to predict and manage these situations, especially when external factors like rising material and labor costs come into play.
- Conservative Underwriting & Refinancing: Approach underwriting conservatively. Sean shares how refinancing can significantly affect your IRR and why it's vital to ensure your deals work out even without relying on refinance.
- Leadership in Real Estate: Embrace your role as a leader in commercial real estate. Understanding and respecting the influence you have on others, from your team to your clients, can make or break your success in the industry.
Seth Tagge | Real Estate Background
- Founder of Acorn Equity and Acquisitions
- Based in: Salt Lake City, UT
- Say hi to him at:
- Best Ever Book: The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Greatest Lesson: Treat others as you would want to be treated when acting as their boss. You have so much influence over others as a leader. Don’t waste it.
Click here to learn more about our sponsors: