Chris Giorgi, an experienced overseas investor, joins Slocomb Reed to discuss his journey into the world of real estate investing. From the challenges of managing long-distance real estate deals to the intricacies of syndication, Chris shares a wealth of insights for commercial real estate investors looking to expand their portfolios and understanding.
- Clarity and Trust: When investing long-distance, it's crucial to establish clear communication and build trust with your local representatives. Chris emphasizes the importance of having a property manager who's also a realtor.
- Syndication Due Diligence: Don't just jump into syndications. Understand the debt structures, management plans, and exit strategies. Also, actively seek out and learn from experienced voices in the syndication space.
- Stay Flexible in Your Strategy: While there are several established strategies in real estate investing, Chris advises not to become dogmatic. It's essential to remain adaptable, question everything, and mold your approach based on changing circumstances and market conditions.
Chris Giorgi | Real Estate Background
- Overseas investor and contractor for the U.S. Army
- 31 units of single family, duplexes, fourplexes, and apartments
- 20+ syndications as an LP
- Based in: Hohenfels, Germany
- Say hi to him at:
- Best Ever Book: The Hands-Off Investor by Brian Burke
- Greatest Lesson: Don't be so dogmatic about never selling. Always evaluate your properties, especially as it refers to turn on equity, and make decisions that are best for your portfolio.
Click here to learn more about our sponsors: