This episode is brought to you by Presario Ventures, a private equity real estate firm based in the booming Austin, Texas, market. To learn how to invest in the future of Texas with Presario Ventures, visit info.presarioventures.com/bestever.
Derek Vickers shares his journey from manual labor jobs to dominating the mobile home park space. Join us as Derek dives deep into his experiences, shedding light on the pitfalls to avoid, the importance of systems, and the transformative power of hiring right in the commercial real estate realm.
- The Pitfalls of Rapid Growth: Derek emphasizes the dangers of growing too fast in commercial real estate. Without the right systems in place, it's easy to lose money and find oneself overwhelmed. Preparing and scaling responsibly is paramount to sustainable success.
- The Power of Systems and Processes: Derek's experience highlights the importance of establishing robust systems early on. From noting step-by-step processes to ensuring checks and balances for managerial roles, these systems can save investors from significant losses.
- Overcoming Limiting Beliefs in Hiring: Hiring the right team can make or break your real estate business. Derek's initial hesitations about bringing in help, rooted in limiting beliefs, later transformed into an understanding of the invaluable role a supportive team plays. Especially when scaling, the right hires can be game-changers.
Derek Vickers | Real Estate Background
- CEO of Vicktory Investments and Owner of Park Investing Pros
- 1,926 mobile home park pads
- Based in: Orlando, FL
- Say hi to him at:
- Best Ever Book: Zeckendorf by William Zeckendorf
- Greatest Lesson: Don’t grow too quickly. Establish systems and processes along the way, so you can handle the growth when you do decide to scale.
Click here to learn more about our sponsors: