Are you curious about the untapped potential of the commercial real estate market? Discover the power of holding property and the critical lessons learned by J Scott in his journey of flipping 450 houses. Join us as we delve into the fascinating insights he shares about affordability, government intervention, and cash management in this engaging episode.
- Market Dynamics and Affordability: J Scott discusses the evolving dynamics of the real estate market, emphasizing the impact of shifting demographics on affordability. He highlights the importance of understanding the distinctions in the rental market and how different income brackets are affected.
- Cash Management and Inflation: J Scott emphasizes the significance of cash management and the role it plays in real estate investing, especially during periods of inflation. He provides valuable insights into the relationship between inflation and treasury yields, offering a balanced perspective on the impact of inflation on investment strategies.
- Government Intervention and Long-Term Solutions: J Scott explores the role of government intervention in addressing affordability challenges in real estate. He advocates for incentivizing investors to create market-based solutions, rather than relying solely on legislative measures, and discusses the potential long-term implications for the real estate landscape.
J Scott | Real Estate Background
- Partner at Bar Down Investments and Host of the Drunk Real Estate Podcast
- About 1,000 units of SFR and multifamily
- 5,000 units as an LP
- Based in: Sarasota, FL
- Say hi to him at:
- Best Ever Book: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Greatest Lesson: The value in holding property for the long-term. That's where real wealth building happens.
Click here to learn more about our sponsors: