Focusing on smaller, growing markets for multifamily properties has provided John Todderud a chance to get ahead of the competition. Existing competition is low, and opportunity for cash-flow heavy properties is high—if you know what you’re looking for. In this episode, John discusses what to look for when selecting a potential business partner and how to find and evaluate multifamily markets.
John Todderud | Real Estate Background
- Founder of Cardinal Oak Investments which buys multifamily properties in growing markets with cash flow and limited competition for deals. They work with partners to help them manage the asset, fund the equity, maintain the books, and communicate with investors.
- Portfolio: 96-unit in Tulsa, OK as GP. Two investments as LP.
- Recently sold two properties: a 32-unit he syndicated in Greenville, SC, and a 15-unit in Yakima, WA. He’s doing a 1031 exchange from the 15-unit, buying a 40-unit apartment complex in Kansas City.
- Based in: Renton, Washington
- Say hi to him at: www.cardinaloak.com | Instagram: @johntodderudoutdoors | email@example.com
- Best Ever Book: Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann.
Click here to know more about our sponsors: Deal Maker Mentoring | PassiveInvesting.com | FollowUp Boss